An Independent Voice For Investors And Stockbrokers
As our nation emerges from a severe economic recession, the need for independent representation in securities law matters has never been more evident. The industry powers are extremely well-represented in the legal profession. What is missing are attorneys who can re-balance the scales of justice to engender a healthy investment environment.
I am Jonathan Schwartz, a veteran Los Angeles securities enforcement attorney. Since 1972, I have tried or arbitrated civil securities cases as an independent attorney. In my years in the practice of securities law, I have served as a trial attorney for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), as attorney advisor to Commissioner Philip Elman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and as a compliance attorney for the Office of Foreign Direct Investment (OFDI) — an Office within the U.S. Department of Commerce created by Executive Order of the President of the United States.
I understand the securities-related issues stockbrokers, broker-dealers and their customers face, and I have the experience and knowledge to resolve favorably my clients' situations, whether they are located in Southern California or elsewhere in the United States.
My Advantages | Los Angeles Securities Lawyer
- Experience: I have served as a trial attorney for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), as attorney advisor at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and a compliance attorney for the Office of Foreign Direct Investment — U.S. Department of Commerce (OFDI). In my solo practice, I have tried or arbitrated civil securities and other business-related cases as an independent attorney since 1972.
- Independence: I am one of very few independent Southern California lawyers with SEC, FTC and OFDI experience who represents stockbrokers and investors. Unlike the vast majority of my peers, I am a sole practitioner who is not beholden to goals of a big law firm, organization or agency. I work only for my clients' interests.
- Knowledge: I have practiced securities law for more than 30 years, and I am extremely knowledgeable about the areas in which I practice. I am one of the few SEC alumni in Southern California who is not affiliated with a large- or medium-sized law firm.
- Effectiveness: I am selective as to the cases I take, and I am careful not to assume responsibility outside of my area of competence. If I take your case, it is because I have a clear and viable vision for your case that I know I can execute.
- Contact: If you retain me, you retain my full attention. My clients work only with me on substantive matters, not with a junior associate or paralegal. I have a thorough knowledge of securities law and procedure, and the fortitude to translate that knowledge into real-world outcomes.
- Convenience: My handicap-accessible office is conveniently located on the Pacific Coast in Marina del Rey. I offer a free initial telephone consultation.
For more information about my legal career, please click on the biographical link on this page.
For a free initial telephone consultation, call me today at The Law Office of Jonathan Schwartz at 310-526-8704 or 866-920-6566 toll free. You may also reach me online.
Contact me to discuss your legal situation with a securities attorney. My firm offers services throughout Southern California.